Monday, December 21, 2009

I need some advice...I am learning Biblical Hebrew and Greek in order to better know the Bible I need help?

It seems that not very many people care that I am spending sleepless hours trying to learn the original languages of the Bible. Why do people not apprecite a person that can accurate translate the original Hebrew and Greek and can distinguish between a good English version and junk? Why is it that I can tell someone that the way a particular passage in their favorite English version is not entirely accurate and explain the original meanings from the Hebrew and Greek...why is it that they don't want to believe me? Have Church goers gotten so comfortable that they would rather hear a slick talking preacher ';fanatacize'; the Bible and not listen to someone, like myself, accurate explain what it really means? Is there anybody else out there that understands the original Bible languages? Am I alone? Sometimes it feel like I am wasting my time. So I am asking you. Is it worth continuing to learn the original languages or should I just read the ';most popluar'; version and be content?I need some advice...I am learning Biblical Hebrew and Greek in order to better know the Bible I need help?
Yeah, I'm interested. I care. I guess ALL pastors have to have some sort of basic training in Hebrew and Greek.





I've been emailing a brother in church who's learning Greek about some stuff in the original text.





If you can teach me, that'd be great. Basically if I want to understand the Bible, I've got to get to the roots right?





P.S. how do i shoot you an email? Mine is jiansia @ excite . comI need some advice...I am learning Biblical Hebrew and Greek in order to better know the Bible I need help?
i think it's good that you're doing that, i believe they don't want to believe you because they are most comfortable with what they are already familiar with,and don't wish for change. I am attempting to do the same as you are now, although I'm not religious, i feel that it's a good way to understand the basis of religions.





it's always best to learn new things (ie. languages), even if the end result is you just bettering yourself.
the apostle Paul says to do that which is inconvenient





ROCK ON!!!!!!!!
  • make up school
  • oreal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment