Monday, December 21, 2009

Needing Marriage Advice from a Biblical Perspective.....?

What can I do if I'm a Christian and my husband isn't? Neither one of us were when we met and had kids, but shortly after that I became a Christian. It didn't happen overnight. It was a process of small changes and learning to turn from my old behavior over about 5 years. I've tried to be a positive example, I don't nag him about going to church, my kids and I are constantly praying for him, but there never seems to be any change. We have nothing in common anymore and I'm becoming miserable. Even my children don't understand his behavior somtimes and are hurt by it. He has become a stumbling block for myself and a times a bad influence on the kids. I don't know what to do anymore and I seriously need some advice. Please help if you can.Needing Marriage Advice from a Biblical Perspective.....?
Your children will be exposed to him rather you are married or not. At least when you are with him you can oversee to a better degree of what they are being exposed to. It could be a nightmare if you weren't there. Prayer is my best advice and keep filled with the Spirit of the Lord...you will need super natural strength to undure....unless there is abuse of course. Then I would say you have no choice but to leave...you wouldn't want the children to get the message that abuse is okay. I pray the Lord will turn his heart through the love and affection of you and your children. Best wishes.Needing Marriage Advice from a Biblical Perspective.....?
There is nothing you really can do. Your happy being a Christian woman and you shouldn't change you and your children happiness for the world . All you can do is pray for him like you been doing and hope for the best but you also have to tell him that his behavior is hurting the kids and that he does have to change him but some of his negative behaviors if he's a real man he'll change his ways for your children. best of luck!
Just because you are an devoted christian doesn't mean your husband has to be. Overlook that he believes differently than you. Its not that difficult. My mom is a catholic and my dad was protestant. I know that they are both christians, but my dad doesn't go to church, receive communion or anything like that, my parents keep their religion out of their relationship.
you can try to talk to him about it or you could just leave. it is never a good idea to be with someone who doesn't share the same religion. if he has bad behavior then that's something you shouldn't want around your children. you shouldn't want them to learn to act that way.
Keep praying to God for his salvation. You do your part, be a good wife and mom. Go to church and ask your sis %26amp; bros there to also pray for you. God will work in His own perfect timing.
If you were not a Christian and you husband was would you feel the same way? Is your husband a bad person just because he cant blindly follow you.
Be strong in your belief. Keep on trying to get him to go to church and talking ot him about it. Be strong and good luck!!
That is the sound of the DEVIL!!!!
Have you tried talking to him? Maybe he doesn't know the affect he is having on you and your children. I'm sure, if he truly cares for you and your family, he will listen and try to be a better influence. He doesn't have to necessarily become a christian, but rather not rub off his ways on the children. Maybe being a better person not for himself but for his family will help him change for the better.


The problem is, a religion is a way of living. That is why it is probably very difficult to get along with your husband like you used to because ya'll live your lives in different ways. But I'm sure somewhere inside of each of you are other reasons why ya'll got married. Try some date nights where you can rekindle the relationship.


All in all, don't lose faith! Keep praying and God will eventually help show you what to do!!
Eeeesh. You realize that YOU'RE the one who's changed, not him, right? This isn't his fault, and it's not his problem. It's yours.





Really, it's a shame that you've decided to adopt a belief system that forces you (and your poor kids!) to look at your husband as a stumbling block.





So, what's more important to you; your marriage and your family, or following your religion to the destruction of them both.





P.S. Please consider that you can change your old ways and become a better person without whatever brand of Christianity you've adopted. And it doesn't have to destroy your marriage, either!
I think i will know what you are going through in the future.


I'm a Wiccan in practice and my BF (soon to be husband) is an athiest.


I bet we'll have this prob...It's hard enough to get guys to do anything after marriage. My aunt's been asking her husband to fix their roof for 3 years now and he still hasn't done it, yet she reminds him every day.


I suggest you seek out a marriage counsler.
Divorce him. But first get a video with out him knowing of him setting a bad example for the kids. That way you can get custody of the kids.





-Mel
you should dumP him Cauz hes not a cristian and and non christians got 2 hell!!!!!
divorce and try to get custody for the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment