Monday, December 21, 2009

Why do some biblical counselors give different advice than others?

I have a Christian therapist who is also a psychologist. Some counselors try to balance the bible with therapy, but even Christians disagree with each other about the bible. I am confused about restoring a relationship with my ex husband because he is unstable. The therapist says I should try to do my part to take care of myself and let God deal with my ex but he is out of state doing who knows what. I Love him, but I don't want to live like this. I can't change him and I feel he takes advantage of people in general. He has bad character because I feel he is manipulative. He came back telling me he wanted to get back together and in some ways he has grown up, but he is bi-polar so who knows what to believe out of him. The counselor keeps pushing me to believe for restoration and says God can break my ex, but God doesn't over ride free will. I can't live this way . What should I do?Why do some biblical counselors give different advice than others?
When Christian counselors or any Christian asks God for answers, by His Holy Spirit, He answers. He gives us at least 2 witnesses and the answers are the same.





I've had God speak to me about situations and confirmation soon followed more than once in my life.





I believe its better to wait on God (through His Spirit) to show you what to do. He will, if you pray, then wait on Him for the answer. When you pray, end the prayer in Jesus name as Jesus told us to do before He went back to be with the Father.





He will give you the answer in different ways: a scripture, something a true Christian friend will say, Christian TV Person, dream or even an audible voice or a ';knowing in your spirit';. You will get at least 2 witnesses to the answer, which means it will be confirmed at least twice. Matthew 18:16 and elsewhere in the Bible tells us things are confirmed by 2 or 3 witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment